sábado, 27 de abril de 2013

Solace, Wake-up call


WORD OF THE DAY:
Solace: consolo, conforto,  consolar, confortar, alegrar
Synonyms: assure, cheer, console, reassure, soothe, consolation, relief, comfort
“Counselors did their best to solace the bereaved children.”
“I solaced myself with a book while I waited for the bus.”
‘Her presence was a great solace for me.” (www.merriam-webster.com)

*******************************************  
A wake-up call: fato ou evento que faz as pessoas abrirem os olhos para um problema ou mais cientes de um perigo ou problema

“I slipped over on the wet floor in my bathroom. I didn't hurt myself badly, but it was a wake-up call and I went out and bought some non-slip mats to stick on the floor.”

“Robert had a pain in the chest, and it was a wake-up call for him. Now he's eating much healthier food and he's exercising more.” (www.englishclub.com)

*******************************************   

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário