domingo, 17 de novembro de 2013

State Bird of Colorado: THE PRAIRIE LARK-FINCH

BIRDS OF AMERICA: THE PRAIRIE LARK-FINCH

SHARE:
Prairie Lark-Finch

State Bird 

of Colorado

VOLUME III.

PRAIRIE LARK-FINCH.
[Lark Bunting.] 
CORYDALINA BICOLOR, Towns. 
[Calamospiza melanocorys.]
PLATE CCII.--MALE AND FEMALE.
This species, of which there are in my possession several specimens, presented to me by my friend Mr. NUTTALL, was discovered by that zealous naturalist and his companion Mr. TOWNSEND on the plains of the Platte, and briefly characterized in the Journal of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia. From its general appearance, and especially from what is known of its habits, I consider it closely allied to the Rice Bunting, Dolichonyx oryzivora; I have adopted the appellation given by its discoverers, the latter of whom has favoured me with the following notice respecting it.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário