domingo, 29 de junho de 2014

Word of the day: Flinch / Famous movie quotes

Word of the day

Flinch:  recuo, desistência, vacilação, hesitação, perplexidade, espécie de jogo de cartas, recuar, retroceder, ceder terreno, retrair-se, hesitar
Synonyms: blench, cringe, quail, recoil, shrink, wince
“He flinched when I tapped him on the shoulder.”
“She met danger without flinching.”
“The bill was much higher than expected, but he paid it without flinching.”

(www.merrriam-webster.com)


<><><><><><><><><><><><><> 


Famous movie quotes

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
1939
I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse.
1972
May the Force be with you.
1977
Go ahead, make my day.
1983
May the Force be with you.
1977
Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night.
1950
What we've got here is failure to communicate.
1967
I love the smell of napalm in the morning.
1979
Fonte:  http://www.afi.com/100years/quotes.aspx


<><><><><><><><><><><><><> 


 À procura de Lucas  (Flávio Cruz)




Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário