quarta-feira, 24 de abril de 2013

Dwindle / Keep your chin up


Dwindle: encolher-se, diminuir, decrescer, minguar, tornar-se menor, decair, definhar, declinar
Synonyms: abate, de-escalate, dent, deplete, diminish, downscale, downsize, drop, decrease, ease, lessen, lower, reduce

“Our energy dwindled as the meeting dragged on.”
“The town's population is dwindling away.”  .”  (www.merriam-webster.com)

*******************************************  

Keep your chin up: mantenha-se firme, fique firme (usado para encorajar quem está passando por uma carga emocional forte)
“Fred: I really can't take much more of this.
Jane: Keep your chin up. Things will get better.”
“John: Smile, Fred. Keep your chin up.
Fred: I guess you're right. I just get so depressed when I think of this mess I'm in.” (www.thefreedictionary.com)

*******************************************   

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário